Owning a credit card is a huge responsibility which is why it is only appropriate to know more about the credit card you’re looking to apply for so you know what you’re getting into and not end up regretting it in the end.
We want to make life easier for you so we’re listing down the best credit cards you can apply for and the reasons why you should and should not choose them.
1. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card
Basic information: 20,000 bonus points, zero annual fees
If you want flexible travel rewards, this is definitely a great choice because it covers everything from vacation packages to statement credits to even baggage fees without the annual fee. If you are a Bank of America card holder, you are entitled to an additional 10% bonus on every purchase you make.
- In terms of usage, you earn a signup bonus if you spend more than $1000 during the first three months
- You can make the most of your bonus points by booking your trips during sales or via discount travel sites
- Points are also redeemable for travel statement credit that covers purchases for flights, cruises, car rentals, etc
2. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Basic Information: 40,000 miles signup bonus, zero annual fee for the first year then $59 after
If you’re the frugal type who looks to earn rewards on your next vacation, then this card is definitely for you because of its rewards potential on regular purchases. It eliminates the need to track your spending in certain categories with 2X miles for each purchase daily. You can even stretch your miles further by booking during a sale or through discount travel sites since miles are redeemable.
- To make the most out of this card, spend $3000 in your first 90 days so you can earn bonus miles of up to 40,000
- You can also use the card to avoid foreign transaction fees if you’re travelling abroad
- You can also make the most of the free, 24-hour concierge service via Visa Signature
3. Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
Basic Information: $100 signup bonus, zero annual fees
Another strong candidate for people who prefer to earn cash back on purchases without keeping up with activation periods and rotating categories. The high rewards the card offers makes it a good choice for frequent shoppers.
The card is best used in US gas stations and supermarkets for you to maximize its rewards. It is also worth noting that during the APR period, you can pay off large purchases and/or balance transfers.
4. Discover It
Basic Information: First year cash back match for signup bonus, zero annual fees
This card offers one of the longest, if not the longest, zero interest periods for balance transfers which is good especially if you’re trying to close out a high-APR balance. It is also suitable for huge purchases due to its 6-month, 0% APR.
- In terms of usage, you can pay off large purchases within the first 6 months without interest
- You can also track for free your FICO credit score online
- To stop paying for interest, you can transfer debt from high-APR cards to this card. You can then pay them within the 18 month 0% period
5. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
Basic Information: 50,000 points signup bonus, zero annual fees for the first year then $95 after
Perhaps the best card from the list, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card has the most versatile rewards program compared to its competitors because all the bases are covered from statement credits, travel, and even cash back. It’s the best card for people who love to travel because it earns 2X points on travel and dining from anywhere around the world without the restrictions or blackout dates.
- In terms of usage, spending $4000 in the first three months will earn you a 50,000 in signup bonus points
- Redeeming points via Chase Ultimate Rewards earns you a 25% redemption bonus
- Earn 2X points by using the card for travel or dining
Is a passionate adviser at Marketunlimited who loves recommending/giving advice on Credit Card related problems.
My life is concerned with consumers searching for information on utilizing their credit cards. So I possess a strong will to help consumers search the internet and get the best info concerning their Cards.